Providing Customers with Valuable ContentAug 2022
Creating content for your Audience
As a content creator your job is to think about:
- What problems are your customers having?
- How can your products/services resolve these challenges?
- What issues can you help with whether they buy from you right now or not?
- What are their buying triggers?
You need to see the content you create as an educational tool for your prospects and offer them relevant, helpful information. It is key that your content remains focused on helping the prospect solve problems – rather than pitching your services.
Inbound marketing blurs the line between helping and selling. It helps you boost the traffic to your website and establishes you as a thought leader.
This positions you and your business as someone that your prospects can trust.
When your prospects see how helpful and valuable your information is, they may take the next key step. They may cross the anonymity threshold and reveal who they are and what they are interested in.
Once your prospects have subscribed to your content, you have permission to deliver a stream of useful information to them over weeks, months, or even years. This process will both educate and inform while building the relationship with your business.
Over time the right website visitors will return time and again to consume quality content – content which is problem-and-solution focused, straight-talking, accurate, useful and completely devoid of hyperbole and sales spiel.
Inbound Marketing Content
Inbound marketing means creating quality content and promoting it through different distribution channels:
- Creating useful blog posts that resonate with the audience.
- Publishing insightful guides that solve problems.
- Designing Whitepapers that get to the heart of an issue.
- Making videos that explain and educate.
- Designing informative infographics.
- Building interactive tools and calculators that empower your customers to evaluate the impact of potential decisions accurately.
You are offering valuable information to your prospects which means that they will share it with their colleagues, associates, and friends – which helps you by building your business and brand reputation as a firm that can be trusted.
Nearly 65% of B2B marketers’ content marketing programs are more successful than a year ago. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
If you'd like more information...
Download the Marketing Automation Whitepaper